4/3/10

Called To The Dance

By Our True Love...





(h/t Inside Catholic)


"Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day"


Chorus:
Sing, oh! my love, oh! my love, my love, my love,
This have I done for my true love


5. Into the desert I was led,
Where I fasted without substance;
The Devil bade me make stones my bread,
To have me break my true love's dance. Chorus

6. The Jews on me they made great suit,
And with me made great variance,
Because they loved darkness rather than light,
To call my true love to my dance. Chorus

7. For thirty pence Judas me sold,
His covetousness for to advance:
Mark whom I kiss, the same do hold!
The same is he shall lead the dance. Chorus

8. Before Pilate the Jews me brought,
Where Barabbas had deliverance;
They scourged me and set me at nought,
Judged me to die to lead the dance. Chorus

9. Then on the cross hanged I was,
Where a spear my heart did glance;
There issued forth both water and blood,
To call my true love to my dance. Chorus

10. Then down to hell I took my way
For my true love's deliverance,
And rose again on the third day,
Up to my true love and the dance. Chorus

11. Then up to heaven I did ascend,
Where now I dwell in sure substance
On the right hand of God, that man
May come unto the general dance. Chorus

(full lyrics)

My children anticipate with bouncy exuberance, the joy of Easter Sunday, but I anticipate with peaceful resignation, knowing my True Love, and being enveloped in His embrace.

I love being Catholic, for the fullness of that embrace.

.

No comments: