10/9/08

2nd Baby Saved on Bank St.








40 Days For Life - Ottawa, has saved their 2nd baby in just two weeks!






From Sue:
This morning I decided to go down to the vigil from 11am to 12pm. When I arrived, there were several people praying and a few women holding signs. As I stood and prayed, around 11:30 or so I noticed a young girl of about fifteen sitting on the bench outside 65 Bank St. She was all alone, and looked across the streets at the signs, looking at them one at a time. At one point, our eyes met and she kept looking at me. I smiled, but all I could think was, "Dear Lord, please don't let her go in there." I thought that I would give her some literature - something I have never done before, but suddenly felt compelled to do. As I was looking through the materials in the baby cradle at the vigil site, a man approached and asked what we were doing and what church we were from. After I explained to him the purpose of the vigil and we ended our conversation, I looked up to see the young girl going into 65 Bank St. with a woman who had a child of about four years of age in tow. My heart sank. I prayed that the Lord would move in her heart to convince her to not go through with this, and that the guardian angels of her and her unborn baby would intervene.

I left to go to Mass at St. Patrick's and the gospel was "Ask and it will be given to you...." I prayed, "Lord, here I am - I'm asking that you would spare the life of this child." I chatted with a couple of friends after Mass, one of whom I hadn't seen in three years. She offered to drive me home, but I told her I was happy to take the bus, at the same time feeling that before I went home I had to stop by the vigil site again.

I arrived shortly before 1pm, and I ran into my husband who was returning from lunch. As we chatted briefly, about ten metres from the vigil site, this same young girl walked out of the clinic and right past us with the woman and preschooler. I told my husband that I had seen her go in the clinic earlier, and given the time that had passed, I assumed that she had had an abortion. My husband and I both silently prayed a Hail Mary, then talked for a few more minutes. Then I noticed that the girl and her companions had walked back down the street, had stopped to talk to the ladies who were praying at the vigil site, and then walked away. I said good-bye to my husband and walked over to the ladies to ask what she had said. They told me that the girl had said that she changed her mind, and that she was going to keep her baby. It turns out that the woman was her mother, and that she has five children, but that she would help her daughter with this baby. They were quite happy when they talked to the women at the vigil.

Needless to say, we were all in tears. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers! What a wonderful privilege to see our prayers answered.

Please keep praying! All those prayers, and the silent witness of standing at the vigil, are making a difference. Please pray for this young girl - God knows who she is - and for all others who have the courage to carry on with pregnancies in less than ideal circumstances.


There will be a MIDPOINT RALLY on site (65 Bank St, corner of Bank and Sparks) on October 19th from 2pm-3pm. Mark it on your calendars! There will be some speakers and refreshments provided! Please spread the word! The details of the Closing Rally will be announced soon for November 2nd!



Now, Stephen Harper, saving babies is something to be proud and excited about!

No comments: