9/27/08

Laugh Out Loud

I'm afraid I disturbed the peace when I read this one by Simcha Fisher:

"...I like being a Catholic; I do. I like people assuming we must be Catholic.

But what gets a little old is . . . you know, looking so Catholic all the time. I know there will come a time in my life when rust, ink stains, and spit-up are no longer the sacramentals of my vocation, but that's how it is for now. I can't help checking out other big families, to see how well they pull off Appearing Normal.

So we hurtle through the dentist's door, a mere seven minutes late, get the little patient checked in, and then we settle down. It's a tiny room and is already chock full -- and very noisy. I look around for the Catholic mom, and -- uh-oh, there she is, looking mean..."
.......................................................

Made my day!

No comments: