4/1/08


CHOOSE ME


(Mudassir A. Khan )


My rotting body in my grave, proves
Rigor mortis of your spirit!
I want to claim that it is dark in here, but,
I do not remember the light to compare it with.
I watched and helplessly pled silently,
Wondering how is it that people,
Get away with murder all the time!

I wish you were here to brush these worms.
And wipe the mud from my soiled face
Caused by the dripped rain in here.
Tell me for what crime was I punished?
Why such harsh sentence on me?
You are obsessed with things that deny reason!
Why did you choose to kill me?

Instead of pushing a baby carriage,
You’d rather adventure walking your favorite dog!!
My decomposing brain has the right to ask:
‘Why was I not allowed to be born’?
I wish you were pro-life
And not pro-death!
You could have given me for adoption!

You took away my right to live.
Is your world really better without me?
I wonder if you even gave me a name!
Or am I more null and void
Than the cancelled checks that you do keep!

No comments: